Sunday, March 1, 2015

Last Weeks adventures....

Some of the adventures we had last week were.....

The girls went swimming with Grandma again while I worked out. They look forward to this each week. This time we had a little scare when McKynlee got swept away from my mom who didn't realize it because she was looking at Hailey, Luckily the lifeguard instantly saw and jumped in to rescue her. It was not even 5 secs of her struggling, but boy was it scary. I saw the whole thing happen from up above, and my heart was pounding extra hard, and not from exercising. 
Glad she is tough and didn't let it traumatize her, she was back in the water within minutes, but I am glad it scared her enough to stay by Grandma. 

Druw had an early out day from school so we decided to go steal daddy from work for an hour and go  feed the ducks, which is always a hit. Then we went to Swig in Provo for a soda and a Sugar cookie. The kids LOVED it! And I may or may not haven eaten their leftover cookies. Don't judge! If you haven't tried their Pink Frosted Sugar Cookies, you're missing out. Go try one, you'll thank me later!



 This little sweetie is STILL waking  up at night and coming into our room. It's like clock work... about 2 hours after laying her down and her falling asleep, she is up and bagging on the door wanting to come in our room. Luckily McKynlee (most times) is a pretty deep sleeper, so she doesn't wake up.
This specific time, Nate and I were down stairs watching a movie, we didn't even hear her wake up but when we went upstairs this is what we found. Her on the floor all snuggled up by the heater. 
If she wasn't so dang cute it would make things alot easier to get mad and just put a stop to it.... but like I have said before, i'm picking my battles with this one, and she wins every time.



The girls had dentist checkups today. It was Haileys first time. She did SOOOOOOO good! They both did. I'm so luckily my kids do well at the dentists and don't put up a fit. I think it helps that we play pretend dentist visits at home at least once a month. Whatever works right? They love it too. 
The dental assistant was so impressed with how well they did. She was even able to get xrays on Hailey, which she said shes never done on a child so young. she just sat so still and followed the instructions. I think it also helped that she watched McKynlee go first, and not to mention the cool toys they could choose from when they were done. I wish I could say we left there cavity free, but I've got a sugar lover whose enamel is super thin, so needless to say McKynlee with be back in a few weeks to get some cavities filled. 







Druw has been working so hard to earn his Wolf badge so he could get it at Pack Night, which is also the big Blue and Gold banquet this month. He spent a lot of time with Nate learning about different tools and building stuff. One of the requirements was to build a bird house. He decided to paint it first. He choose purple, "for Hailey" what a sweet big brother he is. Of course if paint is out the girls want to get in on the action too. It was really nice of Druw to let McKynlee help paint his birdhouse, and Hailey on the other hand got more paint on her face the her paper. Goofball. 





So Druws hard work paid off and he totally earned his Wolf badge at the Blue and Gold banquet. 
I had fun painting his face and having him put the Wolf pin on my shirt. 
We are so proud of him,  he's such a great kid!!! 
The banquet was AMAZING!! Everything from the decorations, to the food, to the leaders and the award ceremony. We are so lucky to be in a ward where the scouting program is taken seriously and there are leaders who really care and are invested in these boys. It makes all the difference, and I am am so grateful for the positive influence they are to Druw. 
The Helps are moving, so we will miss them alot!! They were so great! Thank goodness the Doxys who are the new leaders replacing the Helps are also amazing. We scored big with scout leaders, no doubt about it!  










Paw needed Nates help with a few things, so he stopped by to visit for a bit. Hailey did not want him to leave. She sure loves her PAW! Once the guys were done with all their errands, we all decided to meet up at Lucky Five for some dinner. There is always lots of laughs and never a dull moment with Grammy and Paw. (since this night, the kids have been doing the crazy napkin face, haha love it) 




My child date for February was with this handsome dude.
We went to Jimmy Johns, then for a little drive, had a shopping trip at Walmart then finished it off wasting some quarters in the game area there. I had such a fun time hanging out and talking with him. As we were talking I asked him where he wanted to go on his mission when he gets older. He said China. I asked him, "Why china?" This was his response.... "Because you know how we have Christmas and stuff here? Well in China they only have New Years, so they let off the biggest illegal firework in the world." He cracks me up, all the time. We had lots of laughs and just enjoyed this one on one time together.  He's growing up way too fast. I hope he still enjoys these dates as much as I do even when he's a teenager! 


 Nate took McKynlee on her date to Classic Skating. She wanted to go ice skating at 7 peaks, her heart was set on it but it turned out that day it was closed to the public. She was disappointed, but It worked out perfect because they spent most of their time on the bounce houses and only went around the skating rink a few times. Plus it was $2.00 Tueaday... SCORE!!! 
On their way home that stopped at Gas-n-Go to get her a pixie stick and a Pepsi. 
One of the main things that attracts me to Nate is how AMAZING of a Daddy he is. 
Good dads are HOTT, they just are. I'm a lucky lady! 



Saturday I was able to attend a Stake relief society program/brunch. 
 Sister Wendy Ulrich was the speaker and she was amazing. She spoke about the atonement. 
I learned a lot and loved the sweet spirit that was felt. I'm glad I went. Every time I go to things like this I leave feeling uplifted, inspired and rejuvenated. 
 I love being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and I'm so grateful to be surrounded by such wonderful sisters!
(Oh, and the decorations were so dang cute! :) 




1 comment:

Jenn said...

YES!!!!! I LOVE IT ALL!!!!!