Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Last Weeks Adventures 3/16-3/22

Last Weeks Adventures 3/16-3/22 

I'm doing these pictures first just for the sole reason that bed head like this is how we start every day of the week. I LOVE IT!!!  I myself even have some pretty crazy bed head most mornings but trust me it's not near as cute as these cuties so I spared your eyes by not posting a picture! :) 



St. Pattys Day

Today was busy! The day started out with a yummy "lucky" breakfast. Throughout the day the kids found some other green treats that were hidden for them. I'm all about making the holidays a little bit more fun and magical for the kids. It's worth it to see that added extra smile to their faces. 
With that said, I like it as long as it's just something fun easy and simple. 
Thank goodness my kids appreciate the fun, easy and simple!! 



We showed our spirit by wearing green. 
(I loved McKynlees hair.) 

Took the girls to the library... 

Registered McKynlee for KINDERGARTEN! Wait What??? Did I just say KINDERGARTEN? 
Holy cow. Things just got real! My Little girl isn't so little anymore. 
(I'm bummed this was the only picture I got of her... I was too focused on the endless paperwork) 

We finished the day off with FHE. We have it on Tuesday because Nate has school Monday nights, so it just works for us. Tonight for the activity we made a rainbow craft and decorated clover cookies. Today was a great day! 
(Even Nate got in on the Rainbow action and he was taking it very seriously, haha) 

                      


I love the alone time I get with Hailey while both Kynn and Druw are at school. We are either out running errands, playing at the park or just chillaxing at home. 
This last week I met up with the girls that I visit teach at the Somerset park. It was perfect. The kids play while the adults visit. While we out visiting we heard a fire alarm going off but we couldn't figure out which house it was coming from until we heard brother LeMmon say "it's just me, i'm okay" Apparently he had left something on the stove and forgot about it. He came out and showed us the pan, it was crazy. Then, the next thing we know he had made us all fresh smoothies for all of us and came out to visit. It was sweet! Wish my phone didn't die so I could have take a picture...  Luckily I did capture some of little miss Hailey being cute on the playground before it died. 


McKynlee had her follow up dentist appointment to get her cavities filled. She did so good. Like, crazy good. He had to give her 4 shots... FOUR but she didn't even flinch. I even flinch and squirm in the dentist chair more than she does. I'm sure the laughing gas and the TV helped, but I was so proud of her! 


Funny thing though, is that right before her dentist appointment her and the other kids were at Grandmas house while Nate and I went on a date. Our movie got out at 3:30 and her appointment was at 4:00. So I text my mom after the movie and told her we'd have to grab them and dart. Well, as always Grandma always does the funnest stuff with the kids when they are there, and this time they painted. Well, Kynn got paint all over her shirt so my mom put her into a shirt she had kicking around... it was a 24 month old shirt. HAHA!! Lets just say we walked into the the dentist office looking pretty homely, it was awesome. 

So, the date Nate and I went on was so great and VERY much needed! I'm super embarrassed to admit this but we have not been on a one and one date since our anniversary back in SEPTEMBER. 
I can come up with a million excuses for why we haven't and some for very good reason but I hate that we don't take the time for each other like we should. Like we need to. I know how important and how crucial it is to date your spouse, and I have felt the toll it's taken on us and on me personally by not doing it. Not to go into to much personal detail, but I have found myself sad and frustrated that the "head over heals in love feeling" isn't there (for me). Thankfully we both are very good with communication and we have had many great open and very honest talks lately, and all I can say is man iv'e got myself a dang good man. He is so good to me. So patient with me, and even after some of our brutally honest conversations he looks me right in the eye and tells me he falls more and more in love with me everyday. I think sometimes I just get to caught up in what love "should" look like, or compare our relationship to others,  that I loose sight about the deep solid genuine non superficial
 REAL LOVE  that we have. Thank goodness Nate keeps me in check with reality and most importantly thank goodness I have him by side in this crazy world of marriage because he is the BEST and I love us together!! Our date was so fun and it felt good being with just him. We went to lunch at Texas Road House then hit a matinee, Insurgent. 
I LOVE THIS GUY!!!! 


I got a haircut ad some highlights from the best hair dresser ever, Kassy! 
I needed a new fresh something, and I couldn't be happier with what I got. I love that I can wear it straight AND curly! Win win! 




Emmy and Ash had a late night here with Druw and Kynn. The girls played lots of barbies and the boys played lots of legos and while they played the rest of us did some late night cleaning. Can I just say how much I love that my kids cousins are also their best friends!! It's the best thing ever! 




Emmy wrote this cute little note to give to me with special instruction when it was time to send them home. I love how she made it very clear that it was her moms birthday! Too Cute!!! 

We had a big day this week, and I mean BIG! Hailey sent her binkis up in the sky to go with the binki baby angels. It was harder on me than it was on her for sure, but seeing the confusion and sadness in her face once she realized they were gone broke my heart. Thank goodness for Princess Baby Elsa to turn that frown back around. 


                                 



CONFESSION:  I secretly kept one..you know, juuuuust in case.  Which that's usually not like me, if I decide to do something like this, then I go all in and I stick to my guns. So I know I know giving it back is just going to confuse her and blah blah blah, but it's different with Hailey, it just is. 


We had a Movie Slumber Party in the basement. We watched Wreck It Ralph, and popcorn and snuggled. It doesn't get much better than this. 


So, late Saturday night I ran an errand to Walmart. I drove Nates car and the whole way there I thought, dang the back window has a lot of water on it..weird. Well, when I got out to look at it I realized it was completely shattered. What the? How did that happen? Just a few hours ago it was just fine. Well, I get home from the store and we asked the kids if they knew anything about it. They both said they didn't. Druw even came out to the car with us and was like what the heck, how did that happen? Well, we get back inside, tuck them in and that was that. Nate and I were up watching the Jazz game and next thing we know Druw opens his door and comes out saying he can't sleep. I had the thought to ask him again about the window, this time asking him to do a Scouts promise, because that is one thing he takes very seriously and would never lie over. So as he is sitting by me I said he bud, I want to ask you one more time about daddys window. Do you know anything about it being broken? He instantly put his head into my shoulder and started crying. He said that's why he came out of his room because he had a sick feeling in his stomach for lying. It turns out, him and Ash had the awesome idea to see if they could throw a rock from the trampoline over the house. One of them would stand on the entry way sidewalk to see watch for cars on the road and to tell the one on the tramp it was clear and to to see if the rock goes over as the one on the tramp would throw the rock. Well, he didn't know he broke the window until he saw it later. It was then that he knew he did it but he didn't have the guts to tell us, so he lied and played it off like he had no idea. As upset as we were about the window, we were more upset and disappointed that he lied to us about. As we talked to him about it we used this as a teaching moment and a learning experience for Druw. It went well and I know he understood. We told him it's much better to be honest and tell the truth from the very beginning even if you're scared to get in trouble. We also told him how proud we are of him to listen to that feeling he had in his stomache and that it took a lot of courage to come out and talk to us.
 His consequences were he was grounded for 2 days ( because he lied not because he broke the window, we made that very clear to him:) and also that he will need to work hard to pay for it. 
He's a good kid and as ironic as this sounds, i'm actually really glad this happened because I feel a lot of good came out of it.
(Today Ash brought over this sweet apology note about the window. He felt so bad. Him and Druw really are such good kids, and I'm glad that they both learned from this. That's how we grow!) 

To end the week, we had the best Sunday ever! Nick and Sheri and the girls totally surprised all of us by showing up to family dinner. It. Was. AWESOME!!! Best surprise ever!!!
Man we miss them when they are away! 


I'm so lucky to have these girls as my best friends!! 


Cousins are the BEST!
11 out of the 15. Just missing Mikey, Kaitlin, Kaila and Zoey! 

We finished the night off around the fire pit. It was the perfect ending to the perfect day. 
I love my family!  










No comments: