Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Last Weeks Adventures (March 1- 7)

So I have some to conclusion that in order for me to keep up with this blog the way that I want to is to just do a recap of the previous week. 
So here are some things about last week....
 We went to Jump on It for Westons birthday. The kids love this place. It was so fun this time because it wasn't busy at all so I was able to chill and let the kids have at it. 
I even gave it a try on the fabric swing type thing... Let's just say I thought I was cooler and more talented than I really am and made quite the fool of myself, (The video will prove it haha) BUT I was able to laugh it off, dust my self off and give it another shot. Thankfully I redeemed myself the second time around! I think I just need to remind myself i'm not a teenager anymore! :) 





                                               


For FHE we played the Headbands game for the activity. 
We were all CRACKING UP playing this with Hailey. Whenever it was her to to guess what card was on her head she would ask " is it a _________?" and say the pictures that were all on our heads, so we knew what ours were before it was our turn. It was hilarious!! 


                                              

McKynlee had her 5 year wellness checkup and her Kindergarten shots. 
It surprised me when the doc said it had been a whole year since they have seen her last, which is a good thing and what they like to see. 
She is healthy, strong and right on track
When did she turn into such a BIG kid?!?
I cannot believe she is already old enough for Kindergarten. 
She was a bit nervous about the shots and let a few tears out, but honestly I was so proud of her for being so BRAVE!! She sure loved the crayons, the coloring pages and the Kindergarten shirt they gave her. Now lets hope it's whole other year that they have to see her again! 

 Druw had his very last basketball game. He and Ash seriously played so AWESOME, and their team won so it was a nice way to end the season. After the game the coach handed out medals. He told Druw he was good at rebounds and Ash at stealing. I love that these two boys have each other! 




Emily and I were able to go and support my AWESOME mom as she taught her Thai Chi class! 
She teaches at the Provo Rec Center and is trying to get certified to become a Master Thai Chi instructor, so she asked for us to come and video her class. She did such a good job and I am so proud of her for following her dream.She is so passionate about this and It was so fun seeing her in her element doing what she loves to do. I hope I am like her when I grow up :)   


I had a little impulsive moment and gave Hailey some bangs. 
She LOVES them!
It was so cute hearing her say "I have bangs... i'm so beautiful!" She melts me!





We were able to have Tre and Clay over for a few hours Friday night! 
There aren't many boys cousins on my side of the family so Druw is usually surrounded by girls when we get together unless these to are there. These boys are so much fun and we love it anytime we get to see them, so having them for a few hours was so much fun! 
McKynlee, who is fearless of anything and everything, decided it would be funny to get Druws lizard out and scare the boys with it. It was pretty funny, and we were all laughing our heads off but once I realized just how scared they really were I had her stop pestering them. Tonight she really played the role and won the award for the most "annoying" little sister ever! Haha! 
We ended the night with popcorn and a movie! 






We had a snowstorm, and I was brave enough to drive in it to go to Library time with the girls. 
I'm glad I did, because the girls enjoy it each time, and it gets us out of the house every Tuesday.
When we got outside Hailey insisted on taking her time walking through the snow back to the car, and McKynlee insisted on playing in it the second we got back home. 




 This time at the Library I bought over 35 books for less than $10.00, some for me and some for the kids. One of the books I got for .50 cents was a book about Motherhood that is filled with encouraging and uplifting sayings and quotes from prophets. I have been reading one along with my scripture study every morning and have loved it! 

Saturday night, Nate and I were able to attend a gathering with other parents of children suffering with  intractable epilepsy. Three of those families were parents of Dravet kids.  I have talked with on our Facebook support groups, but it was so nice to finally meet them in person. We were able to talk , learn, laugh and cry together. It felt good to be surrounded by people who truly understand what we are going through. Having support as we go through all of this with Hailey is so important, and we are lucky to have it not only from both of our amazing families but now from new close friends.   


1 comment:

Jenn said...

I love it all! (I probably say that on every post) You seriously look sooo crazy cute/beautiful in your Tai Chi picture. And Steph, don't ever stop acting like your in high school!!! It's THE BEST!