Thursday, February 5, 2009

HaRd TiMeS.......

So for those who don't know yet, Nate was laid off from his job Friday January 23 due to the economy. It's been a rough couple weeks for us. Yesterday everything just kinda "hit" me and it hit me hard about our situation. I had so much going through my mind, bills, work, money etc.... it consumed my every thought! I tried but I just couldn't countrol my emotions, I really was just an emotinal mess. I think it was a good thing for me though that I allowed myself that breakdown. I believe in some cases, this being one for me, it's a stress releiver to allow those raw emotions to come out. I let it out and that's all I needed. I'm much better today! A hopeful positive attitude is what i'm going to strive for from here on out. I know I have SO SO SO much to be greatful for and that's what i'm going to focus on. I'm not so much bitter on WHY this happened to us, playing the whole WHY me/us card does absolutely no good. It's the HOW/WHAT that we need to ask ourselves. How can we overcome this and WHAT are we going to do to do that? It is a very scary time to loose a job with the way the economy is and with most places not hiring. So the unkown is what scares us the most, but right now we really are just putting all our faith and trust in the Lord that he is aware of us and our situation and that things will work out for us the way they are supposed to. I strongly believe everything happens for a reason and that this is just a trial we have been faced with but that we WILL overcome. Things will be okay! I know there are so many other people out there in the world who are going through their own adverisities and ours is very mild to most so I really do consider ourselves very lucky when I look at it like that. Things could be alot worse!! My mom, who was the shoulder I had to cry on for the most part, (thanks mom:) had me look up a scripture, it was D&C 68:6 it reads: "Wherefore be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; an ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was that I am, and that I am to come." Reading this scripture really gave me a peaceful feeling. I know we are not alone even though it seems that way at times. We have a loving Heavanly Father who cares about us and is very much aware of us and all our situations. How comforting it is to know that!!! So to all our friends and family please if you can just keep us in you prayers, it'd be very much appreciated!!! We love you all!!!
-I just want to say to Nate that I love you and I am SO greatful for all the hard work do daily for our family and you do it without even with one complant. You are a great example to Druw on what a hard woking man is. Keep your head up babe we'll get through this...things will be okay..... I love you!!!! :)

3 comments:

fREnCh TrOSt said...

We have been praying for you every night. I think you are ready to give a talk in church, this post was totally sacrament meeting worthy ;)

Jenn said...

Wow, Steph. Tears are rolling. I love that scripture, your amazing testimony and your cheerful attitude. You and Nate are incredible. I wish we could've talked more last night but I was running around like a chicken w/ it's head cut off. We love you guys so much and know it will all work out but will definitely keep you in our prayers. Love you!

Bristy said...

Steph, you are amazing! So is Nate! We had so much fun hanging out with you the other night. I wish I had your attitude and strong testimony when I was that young. And yes, you are right!! Things will work out, and thank goodness someone else is in charge!