Alot has has gone on in the past few weeks. First, this past week has been a very eventful week at the Dentsist office for both Nate and I. It kind of had to be becasue with our insurance expiring at the end of this month we wanted to get all the stuff we needed to get done done so instead of having thousands of dollars in dental bills it would be just a few fundred. So, starting with me, I got a root canal done on Wednesday which really wasn't as bad as I was expecting it to be. We have an AWEOME dentits so i'll give all the credit to him. I also had a little bump taken off the back of my throat to get sent in for a biposy. The dentist just thinks it's just a little infection nothing too major but just to be safe he wanted it tested. Then on Friday Nate had all four of his wisdom teeth taken out. They were already pushed through the skin so the procedure wasn't as bad as it could've been. He's been doing pretty good though, just a wee bit out of due to the meds. So as you can imagine we've had a house filled with sore mouths. Kinda sucks it was right before Valentines Day no yummy food or yummy kisses :) I guess we'll just have to celebrate it a little late!
. .
The other thing that has been going on in the Carr house is a pretty big deal! Druw is being POTTY TRAINED!!! He has done surprisingly very well. I tried a few months ago and he just wasn't having it. I didn't want to push it so I waited. I just decided to give it another shot last weekend. This time I made a cute little Potty Chart with fun stickers and put it on the wall right across from the toilet so he sees it everytime he sits down to go. I also am doing the whole reward with a piece a candy. So evertime he goes he gets to put a sticker on his chart and he also earns a tootsie roll. He LOVES it!! I really am so impressed with how well he's doing. He will even go without me telling or helping him. He'll just coming runnig up to me all excited saying , " I did it , I go potty in the toywet... yay!!" Then he'll take my hand guide me to the bathroom and say "see" then he flushes the toilet. I still help him wipe but he's getting the hang of it. I love it! We have little prizes marked on the chart, which is like a toy from the dollar store or somthing but his big prize when he fills up the whole potty chart for both the pee and the poo (which is 16 times each one ) is of course switching to big boy underwear, but Nate and I also decided we would take him to a movie at the dollar theater and out to ice cream . We probably are going a little over board but he is our first and it's a big deal for us and him so we want him to know how happy and proud we are of him that he "did it!!"

. .
The other thing that has been going on in the Carr house is a pretty big deal! Druw is being POTTY TRAINED!!! He has done surprisingly very well. I tried a few months ago and he just wasn't having it. I didn't want to push it so I waited. I just decided to give it another shot last weekend. This time I made a cute little Potty Chart with fun stickers and put it on the wall right across from the toilet so he sees it everytime he sits down to go. I also am doing the whole reward with a piece a candy. So evertime he goes he gets to put a sticker on his chart and he also earns a tootsie roll. He LOVES it!! I really am so impressed with how well he's doing. He will even go without me telling or helping him. He'll just coming runnig up to me all excited saying , " I did it , I go potty in the toywet... yay!!" Then he'll take my hand guide me to the bathroom and say "see" then he flushes the toilet. I still help him wipe but he's getting the hang of it. I love it! We have little prizes marked on the chart, which is like a toy from the dollar store or somthing but his big prize when he fills up the whole potty chart for both the pee and the poo (which is 16 times each one ) is of course switching to big boy underwear, but Nate and I also decided we would take him to a movie at the dollar theater and out to ice cream . We probably are going a little over board but he is our first and it's a big deal for us and him so we want him to know how happy and proud we are of him that he "did it!!"
. .
Lastly I was just called to be in the Young Womens. I am the Sports Director and Assistant Camp Director. I am SO looking forward to these callings. It's funny becasue I still feel and consider myself to be one of the 'girls' since i'm really not that much older than some of them. But it's going to be really fun and neat going to Young Womens as a leader and a teacher instead of a as young women. I hope i'll do a good job!!!
7 comments:
I'm so excited your in YW with me. The girls already love you! It's going to be so fun! Druw is so cute! Drexton talks about him all the time.
I love that picture of Nate all drugged up! Druw is so cute on the potty!
Good to see Nate up and around. I thought he was a goner in the wheelchair. It was a great update to find out Nate is getting potty trained. And Druw is feeling better.
Love PAW
Sorry. I typed it slower this time.
A great update to find out Nate is getting potty trained. And Druw is feeling better.
Never mind.
Way to go cuz! That rocks that you're in big boy undies! Uncle Nate...you look like you had gumballs stuffed in your cheeks. You looked a lot happier tonight! Luv you guys! We've had so much fun hanging out the past few nights!
This hurts.
Nate ran around the house in his tighty whiteys until he was 16 and we never got to see his cheeks and now, others have!
Paw
Post a Comment