Thursday, December 8, 2011

It's the most wonderful time of the year...

I've always LOVED this time of year for many different reasons.
I love all the festivities, the pretty lights, the yummy treats, the (good) Christmas music
Looking out my window and seeing the snow fall in front of the lamp posts,
Drinking hot coco after a snowball fight, getting warm by of the fire place,
Seeing the kids excitement Christmas morning.
I love that it is the season of giving and serving others, 
But mostly, I love the feeling of pure joy and love I feel towards my Savior.
My testimony this time of year is always strengthened in very sweet and natural way.
I think of how amazing that night was when Christ was born.
I find myself imagining what it would have been like to have been there. 
I think of Mary, as Mother myself, and all that she went through,
 and some of the emotions she was possibly feeling.
Fear, Inadequate,Tired, Grateful, Joy, Pain, Love, Peace,
All those feelings any Mother feels during and after a pregnancy.
I know I did.
To be carrying the Son of God, the Savior of the World, I can't even imagine!  
I admire her so much. Her strength her courage her willingness and worthiness.
What a great woman!
When I think of my Savior, I usually think of his great example, 
 I think of his love and service to others.
I think about all the pain her went through,
all the those things he suffered and did because of his Love for me.
So this time of year, we have the opportunity to remember and reflect on his birth. 
I am reminded that Christ once was as a tiny little infant,
a new born baby, so sweet, so little so pure and so fragile.
When I think of him this way, the truthfulness of how REAL he is kicks in,  
and Heavenly Fathers plan just makes so much more sense to me. 
He's not just a spiritual being in up in Heaven.
He REALLY did come to the Earth.
His life REALLY did happened.
 He is as REAL as you and me.   
I KNOW he lives and I KNOW he will return to the Earth again someday.
My heart is full.
So this Holiday Season, I hope not to get caught up in all the craziness of things,
but to enjoy remember and reflect on what Christmas is all about.

1 comment:

Sheri said...

It's not often that I get to hear my sisters' testimony of Christ. Thank you for sharing that! It helped me to remember the true meaning of Christmas. Love you Steph!